Classic Car Restorations are a specialty at Shropshire’s Longmynd Bodyshop, made possible with an enthusiastic team of Classic Car Restorers offering a full range of services. Longmynd Classics specialize in full body restorations and top quality paintwork for all makes and models of classic motor cars and vehicles specializing in: Jaguar, Jensen, Ford and Porsche. Lee Reynolds and his team have a great deal of experience and they are well known in the world of classic car restorations. The Longmynd boys featured on the Television show Car SOS in which they fully restored a Morgan and an Alfa Romeo!
The classic car restoration services we offer include:
- Full or part restorations
- Mechanical rebuilds
- Full Resprays
- Supplying parts and components for your own classic car restoration
- Classic car servicing, MOTs and safety inspections – Classic Friendly Scheme
- And much more!
Classic Car Restoration Process
- Once the initial contact has been made by a customer to Longmynd Classics, we will arrange to view your project. This can either be a home visit (a small charge may be applied depending on distance) or pictures can be sent via email.
- It is almost impossible to give a customer a definite costing on a restoration project as each project is different and as the job unfolds new challenges can arise. We therefore try to give the customer a rough guide on the predicted hours needed to complete the project. Full restoration projects always run into hundreds of hours of work!
- Once the customer has given the ‘go ahead’, a start date will be given but please bear in mind we have a waiting list.
- When we receive the vehicle to start the project, a preliminary strip down and appraisal will be carried out. The customer will be informed of anything out of the ordinary before the full restoration begins.
- The vehicle will be stripped of all parts, which will be boxed, bagged and documented. This will then leave only the bare shell.
- The bare body shell and panels will now go through the paint removing process. There are various options that will be discussed with the customer once this point has been reached.
- All the parts removed will be refurbished to an as new condition.
- After the bare body shell and panels have had the paint removed, the panel fabrication work will be carried out.
- On completion of the fabrication work, the body shell and panels will then be prepared for paint and ultimately painted.
- The vehicle will now be ready to be reassembled with new and refurbished parts.
- We source out the interior refurbishment so it is at this point that this would happen.
- The vehicle is now near to completion. A Mot/safety inspection would now be carried out followed by extensive road testing.
- Once the team at Longmynd Classics are happy with the vehicle, final polishing and a good coat of wax oil will be applied to the underside.
- The process is now complete and the vehicle is ready for collection.
The restoration process can take many months but during this time the customer is kept up to date and we encourage at least monthly site visits to the bodyshop to see progress and to discuss the project. To make it easier to the customer, monthly invoices will be produced for the work carried out to that date.
If you are thinking of having a much-loved motor car restored, please contact us on 01694 771464 or email email@example.com.